Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lusso



Yes, I know you must be thinking that since Lusso restaurant is an Italian restaurant, why is it classified as a Burger House?  Well, aside from being a Fores-owned fine-dining restaurant in posh Greenbelt 5 (good food, by the way), the place has made a big reputation for itself with its prized foie gras burger, the sticker price of which is currently going at P850 (they say it started off at P595 five or six years ago).  One of the best burgers in town, I would say. Patty is succulent, the goose liver in the core gives the patty that extra taste, simply divine. The bun is perfect--slightly crunchy on top, soft in the middle, and the base doesn't get soggy from absorbing the patty juices.  The cheese dip is just salty enough to complete the zing. Biting on the hamburger reminds me of the sensation I first encountered when I sank my teeth into the legendary burger of Sulo Restaurant in Makati (courtesy of Kong Kong, many many years ago).  The only drawback is that I can't allow my uric acid and cholesterol count to go up...


The lobster bisque was tasty, but a bit malabnaw for my taste (how do I translate this in English--watery? thin?  as opposed to thick?  hahaha... Tagalog is really such a teaser...).  I prefer the rich thick version I first encountered at the Rotisserie at the Manila Hilton. 


The lunch was capped with a delightful ice cream, made in-house.  Chico flavor.  Yes, you heard me, chico, the fruit.  One of my top 5 fave fruits, also known as Sapodilla (Latin America). The ice cream had that sandy texture so characteristic of the berry, and was very good (I wonder how they make this).  I am very proud that they have a come up with such a pleasant dessert, a nice Filipino touch, really.  Kudos to Chef Margarita!





No comments:

Post a Comment