Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Barcino




I was by my lonesome in the Greenbelt mall looking for a fast lunch.  I came across a sign at the Barcino Wine Resto Bar advertising a lunch special at just around P350, which I readily ordered.  The Barcino Group is essentially an importer of fine Spanish wine, but they too have managed to make a name as an entertaining night-time hang-out on weekdays.  I'm not too sure about their other branches (they have 5 or 6), but I have seen their place in Greenbelt getting crowded most especially on Friday nights.


The Arroz Montanes was plenty, almost good for 2 people.  It was flavorful, gently aromatic with just the right spices, and the chicken-pork combination kept the rice dish well balanced. I would have preferred having chicken wings and thighs instead of breasts though; would have made the gooey chew much more enjoyable.  For dessert, the pairing was with canutillos, one of the old favorites--a bit on the sweet side but still enjoyable.



The outdoor portion is a good place to have drinks with the barkada.  I'm not too sure if they allow smoking in the outdoor area though.  They have a good selection of tapas, and that would certainly go well with their wines.  Salud!



No comments:

Post a Comment