Thursday, September 22, 2016

Apero



The Corinthian Hills clubhouse is a good midway meeting place for those from Quezon City and those from the Pasig areas.  A new place there is Apero, billed as a neighborhood cafe, serving simple dishes in the French style.  Because of the name, I half expected the place to be a drinking place, and was surprised to find that coffee and light meals were the order of the day.  I read somewhere that the cafe owners of the Duck & Buvette at the Shangrila Mall are the same people behind this restaurant.  Yes, French food lovers!


My host informed us that the corned beef wasn't bad, and while you won't see the beef outright (the pieces are under the egg), it was tender and tasty.  Portioning, however, was controlled (I had wanted more).  Had chocolate cookies as a mouth sweetener, okay but not rock-your-world.  Coffee was aromatic, and my friend told me that he was satisfied with the taste and temperature.  I'd estimate that you need around P500 per person for a good satisfying meal.  Interiors are neat and simple, service was fast.  Basement parking at the clubhouse is satisfactory, don't have to worry about that.





No comments:

Post a Comment