Monday, September 21, 2015

Sage



I was looking for the Conway Bar at the Makati Shangrila when I was informed that the bar had been replaced with the Sage Bespoke Grill.  Made to order steaks!  I made a mental note to try the restaurant.  Would the food be as good as advertised?


A couple of weeks later, my anxiety was gone.  Lunch was very good.  I had lobster bisque that almost rivals the one made at the now-defunct Rotisserie of the old Manila Hilton.  My striploin steak was perfectly seasoned, nicely done.  My chosen sidings of forest mushroom and fennel went well with the steak.  I read from the menu that the chef uses a Josper grill, which cooks in high heat; the resulting meats are still juicy and succulent.  My friends were not too happy though with the set menu (chicken & fish) which was on the tough side.  My advice?  Stick to the steaks...


You would spend something like an average of P3,500 per person for the bigger steak lunches, but there are still some items that are available at the level of about P1,500 per head.  Easy ambiance, simple and stylish.



No comments:

Post a Comment