Monday, September 14, 2015

EC130T2




The worsening traffic situation has got me thinking about how to move around town in a more efficient manner.  Hmmm....

Just inspected a newly arrived Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopters) EC130T2, which costs around US$4 million thereabouts, with around an 8-month waiting time.  It's a beautiful single-engine chopper, the vibrations are very minimal, and even when the blades whirl, it's almost just a whisper inside.  This 7-seater can fly at a maximum speed of 280 km/hour, and can climb to around 23,000 feet. Powered by the Turbomeca Arriel 2D engine, the flight range is around 600 km and is supposed to be easier to maintain than previous models.  I liked the air-conditioning system which was very powerful despite the noontime heat, and the wide forward visibility, which doesn't make me feel claustrophobic.  Of course, the turning, banking and diving moves of our skilled pilot still made me quite dizzy, but I was assured that this is as stable a helicopter as it can get.


I had initially looked at the brochure of the EC225 (now H225) which seats 14.  Now that one had luxurious trim and had 2 engines.  However, it was way too expensive at US$16 million!

If only I could afford flying in one for my everyday appointments!



No comments:

Post a Comment