Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Quiznos



Somehow I associate sub sandwiches with airports, I just don't know why.  This time was different; I was hungry in Makati, and when I saw Quiznos store, I wanted a sub.  I liked the atmosphere of the place instantly, it was not crowded, with only two other tables taken during merienda time (that was around 3pm on a weekday).  I didn't realize then that Quiznos had over 2,100 locations all around the world, and that this Denver based company is slowly coming back to life under Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States.  I hadn't heard of this sub sandwich maker until about last year when I saw their shops sprouting up, first in the Katipunan area, and now in the Greenbelt Mall.  The manager engaged me in friendly conversation and told me that they oven toast their subs, and he guaranteed that their sandwiches were bigger and better than that of the competition.  I had a roast beef sandwich and it was topped with cheese and quite filling.  I would have wanted it a bit saltier though.  Prepare around P200 per head, and that would be enough to enjoy your meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment