Monday, November 24, 2014

Writers Bar




It was my first time to visit the Raffles Hotel, and I was excited that a business associate asked for our meeting to be held at the Writers Bar.  Since the Manila Mandarin had closed, I have been looking around for a quiet spot for intimate discussions over mid-day tea, and this place was a wonderful alternative.  My love for pastrami overtook all sense of restraint, and I was quite happy with the taste, presentation and portioning of their Reuben sandwich (around P800).  Hemingway would have been pleased.


The original Raffles in Singapore has such a grand colonial history, and with this in mind, I stopped at the hotel's elevator landing to look at the painting shown below.  The hotel treats history with a certain reverence, and I was glad that the Philippine experience is brought to proper focus.  An exaltation is in order, Mabuhay!


No comments:

Post a Comment