Sunday, November 16, 2014

Big Daddy's



Monique and I fetched Ed and Korina at the airport, and it was almost 7pm when they got out of the terminal.  Their Cebu Pacific flight was almost an hour late.  Hungry from the long trip, we decided to have dinner near Gwammy's house, and we were lucky enough to find a parking slot at Big Daddy's along Kalayaan Avenue.


Parking was really tight, so it was strange to walk into the restaurant to find that there was only one other table taken.  No staff came to greet us at the door.  Apparently, the next door JayJ's Inasal was also owned by the same restaurant group (the restaurants share a connecting bathroom) and all the people parked outside were eating inasal.  It took some time for a food attendant to come to our table, and we figured that the establishment was quite undermanned.  The lady was pleasant though, and in about another twenty five minutes, she brought out our orders--cheese nacho, burgers and a porterhouse steak (for me).


Eating in the place was my idea, and I was lucky that the burgers weren't bad (or else Ed, Korina and Monique would have had a frown on their faces).  My steak looked good, but I'd have to say I've tried better meat elsewhere.  I should have asked for a sharper knife.


We spent something like P300 per head, but you can make do with a budget of P200 per head.  Totally inexpensive, just don't expect top grade quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment