Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lucca



Monique and I had a late night craving for some sweet pastries, and we dropped by the UP Town Center to visit the Lucca Bakery (it's funny how name association plays out in my head; as I stepped in, I kept humming the 1987 Suzanne Vega song about domestic violence).  I thought that the establishment was about to close, but we made it in time and we were even lucky that some items were being sold at a 30% discount (commonly practiced by bakeries to keep inventory fresh).  We ordered a bundle of treats, around ten pieces of assorted pastries (brownies, lemon squares, cakes) all for under P500.  This became our midnight snack in the main house, with Anita, Gwammy ang Kong in full attendance.  I particularly liked the cinnamon rolls and the lemon squares!


No comments:

Post a Comment