Saturday, November 1, 2014

Irish Spring


Gwammy thinks of everything.  I was in the main house yesterday, and she greeted me with excitement.  "I have a surprise for you!" she said, simultaneously waving her hand in the air, as if magically summoning a mystery object, which turned out to be a couple of bars of Irish Spring.  This was one of our favorite soap bars when we were kids, I liked the scent then and I still do now.  "I know you missed this," she explained.   It's true I haven't seen this on the grocery shelves for sometime.  Made by Colgate Palmolive since the seventies, the soap isn't made by the local ColPal boys, but is imported in very limited quantities by some enterprising local distributor.  That explains why you only get to see the brand in one or two supermarkets in the Metro.  I'm glad Gwammy thinks about the little details... ;-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment