Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Panaderia de Molo




We got to the airport well ahead of our scheduled flight to Manila.  This allowed us some time to purchase some sweet delicacies for pasalubong--galletas and banadas.  We were informed by the lady in the counter that the most special (and most expensive) goodies come from Panaderia de Molo, the history of which dates back to more than a hundred years.  I soon learned that their products are priced almost double that of the competitors, which I purchased out of curiosity.  The good part is that when I got home, Vicky was very happy I had bought for her the creme de la creme of banadas, which happens to be her favorite snack item. In all fairness, the galletas was cast sturdy and survived the plane trip with hardly any cracked pieces.  I felt the banadas was on the hard side, but hey, Vicky's the expert and she says they're terrific.  I was told that around fifteen years back, the cookies would be packed in round metal tins, but probably in order to make the product affordable, today the cookies are packed in plastic and sold in cardboard boxes.




No comments:

Post a Comment