Monday, January 13, 2014

Audrey Hepburn



"How shall I sum up my life?  I think I've been particularly lucky." she says.  The bigger truth is that we are the lucky ones, having had the pleasure of watching her performances in Roman Holiday, Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and My Fair Lady, among others.

* photo from the movie Roman Holiday, via Wikipedia


Audrey Hepburn is almost universally regarded as the most naturally beautiful woman of all time, and I have been madly in love with this Hollywood screen icon since I can remember.



* photo from Wikipedia


Right after our ramen dinner at Roku, Korina showed me her sketch of Audrey Hepburn (top picture), and memories of my childhood longing just came back.  In torrents.  I think the sketch is so wonderfully done, specially considering that Korina has no training whatsoever in art, and that this is one of her first attempts in creating her portfolio.  Korina will do wonders in art, I can see.  She not only draws well, but also chooses the most wonderful of subjects! Look at the eyes of Audrey Hepburn--absolutely enchanting!  I am in love all over again!

* with her then husband, Mel Ferrer, on the set of War and Peace, 1954, via Wikipedia



2 comments: