Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Fifth Dimension


* picture from allmusic.om

The dawning of the Age of Aquarius made my heart go Up Up and Away.  Oh, how I liked to listen to the music of the Fifth Dimension in the seventies, and hearing the song (Last Night) I Didn't Get to Sleep At All on the radio this morning sent chills down my spine.  I remember their songs very clearly--One Less Bell to Answer kept me moody, If I Could Reach You kept my puppy love hopes alive, Ashes to Ashes made me wonder how the West was won, Living Together, Growing Together reaffirmed my belief in love while No Love in the Room made me sad.  If I remember correctly, the husband and wife team of Marilyn Mc Coo and Billy Davis, Jr. left the group and had a career of their own (You Don't Have to be a Star to be in My Show and Saving All My Love for You).  I will have to look for their LPs in my collection...darn where did I put those? 




No comments:

Post a Comment