Sunday, February 9, 2020

De Longhi



De Longhi is a 100 year old Italian manufacturer of small appliances that has recently been making a splash in the local coffee machine market.  I first encountered an automatic coffee making machine in a hotel in London, and at the time, I could not, for the life of me, figure out which buttons to push and how to make it work.  There was no one to ask for directions, and I simply gave up on having a self-brewed cup.  Now, this De Longhi automatic model was a nifty machine, and I want something to play with!  I had a sudden impulse to purchase the machine, to which Monique, with a look of shock on her face, vehemently protested, "What gives dad?  You palpitate with caffeine, while mom has an acidic tummy, so we only brew coffee once in a blue moon!"  End of discussion.


No comments:

Post a Comment