Friday, July 1, 2016

Pio's Kitchen




My brother-in-law decided to give my sister a surprise birthday party, and my nieces chose Pio's Kitchen for the venue.  This restaurant is along Scout Fuentebella St., and used to be the home of the grandparents of Chef Chin Bagis, a Barcelona-trained chef who honed her craft at the kitchens of a prestigious Middle Eastern airline.  I had the impression that Pio was the name of her husband, but she pointed out to me that the restaurant is named after Padre Pio, the Italian friar-saint.


You can see Chef Chin above, preparing the spread--various cold cuts and cheeses, fish, roasted pork, salpicao and of course, paella Valenciana and paella negra.  She takes time and patience to make everything as perfect as possible for her guests.


I must say it was a lovely buffet spread and our tummies were stretched to the limit!  If you notice, I didn't take pictures of the paella--that's something you should see and taste for yourself!  A-1 in my book!



The restaurant is more like an event venue than a regular diner, dining is by reservation only.  Make sure to book in advance, as the slots get filled up quickly.  Cheers and more power!


No comments:

Post a Comment