Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Beogram 4000



It was the toast of its time.  My Beogram 4000 turntable from Bang & Olufsen was one of the top-end linear or tangential track players, and the crisp beauty of vinyl music was never as pronounced as when it would play.  Operating it was like a dream come true.  It was first introduced in 1972, and was so gorgeously designed that the space age look was the envy of a lot of vinyl purists.  I loved it so much that even when CD music started to overtake vinyl, I continued to use it.  I went so far as to request friends from Hong Kong to purchase MMC (Moving Micro Cross) needle cartridges for me, just to keep it going.  Alas, I switched it on last week and it no longer works.  Such a devastating loss to my hi-fi collection, just when vinyl is starting to make a comeback!



No comments:

Post a Comment