Monday, May 2, 2016

The Flying Pan



My English teacher once told me that the pun is the lowest form of humor.  I couldn't help remember that lesson when I saw the sign of The Flying Pan along Valero St. in Salcedo Village.  The interiors are cozy, and the lighting made the restaurant look like the next "in" place in the Makati CBD.



I spent something like P400 for the porchetta.  It was tasty and the skin was crispy, obviously steeped in Italian marinade.  I just couldn't reconcile the menu blurb (porchetta prepared daily in limited quantities) with the sauce that they served with the meal.  The sauce, shown above, was definitely a Mang Tomas copy.  The dish therefore, was more like lechon kawali to me, rather than Italian porchetta.


I would guess that the restaurant is the default cafe for guests booked at the Citadines serviced apartment, being adjacent to the hotel lobby.



No comments:

Post a Comment