Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Kimukatsu



My trucker's group really loves good food.  This time around, we had dinner in Kimukatsu, a Japanese tonkatsu restaurant at the new wing of the Shangrila Mall.  The twist?  While it looks like an ordinary katsu, this dish is actually made from several paper-thin slices of good pork cutlets.  I would guess that the thin slices allows seasoning to penetrate, and the resulting taste makes the style so popular with the hip younger crowd.


I topped off my meal with green tea ice cream, which was light and had just the right amount of sweetness.  Interiors are modern, but because the walls and the tables are all in black, I felt that the lighting was on the dark side.  For this restaurant, you can make do with P500 per head, but to really enjoy, just prepare something like P750 per head.


No comments:

Post a Comment