Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bee Gees


* photo from Wikipedia


I was listening to the afternoon show of my good old friend Jimmy Jam on Retro 105.9 early today and as if on cue, he played Nights On Broadway by the Bee Gees, one of my early favorites.  Every time I hear  their songs, I can still remember the good old days.  As kids we listened intently to the First of May and cried while the lyrics of I Started A Joke didn't make sense.  We partied until 3am to Night Fever and to Teri De Sario's collaboration on Aint Nothing Gonna Keep Me From You.  We swooned as How Deep Is Your Love played on-air, and we just stared in awe watching Barbra Streisand singing the duets Guilty and What Kind of Fool.  I remember that Michaela and Erica even went gaga over their little brother Andy (who had a lot of hits of his own), and it's such a sad thing that only Barry is around today.  Yes, those days were the best of times!  Thanks, Brothers Gibb.



No comments:

Post a Comment