Thursday, January 19, 2017

Majestic Beauty



I received a Daphne Brissonet glass coaster set for Christmas, and the intricate detail was a delight to look at.  Immediately, I took to the internet to look for the artwork of this Canadian artist, and found hundreds of botanical renditions, done in cool and relaxing colors.  I understand that she is self-taught, which bespeaks of enormous talent.  Her immediate subject matter, peacocks, bring me back to happy childhood memories; Gwammy had peacock feathers decorating our interiors at home.  I remember when I first saw a peacock unfurl his feathers, I viewed the strut with awe; it was a dance to attract his mate and I told myself, yes, it was majestic!  I'm very happy about the coasters, a symbol of purity and immortality right inside our home.





No comments:

Post a Comment